Shipping & Returns
This page is used to inform visitors and users regarding the shipping & returns policy (“Shipping & Returns”) of our website www.underlyn.com (“Website”) along with the services provided by Underlyn Art Pvt. Ltd. (“Company”; “Underlyn”; “our”; “we”; or “us”) for retail/direct consumers through the Website.
1. We ship to over 40 countries across the world! You can click on the popup in the bottom right corner of every Underlyn page to see if we ship to your location. Currently, we ship to over 40 countries, including but not limited to: United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Republic of China, India, France, Mexico, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Israel, UAE, Republic of Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Argentina, and Brazil.
2. International orders (shipped outside of India) might be subject to customs duties and taxes at the time of delivery. Any shipping charge applied does not include such customs duties and taxes, which are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Estimated duties and taxes, if applicable, are displayed in a pop up in the bottom right corner of this product page, for your information. However, this is only an estimation. Actual duties and taxes, as applied by the customs department at the point of entry into your country, might differ.
3. At this time, we ship with DHL Express for international orders and Blue Dart for domestic orders (within India).
4. A daytime delivery address and a valid mobile number must be provided on all international orders since all parcels require a signature on delivery.
5. All orders over $500 are eligible for free worldwide shipping as part of our VIP shipping experience.
6. Orders below $500 (before shipping) are charged a flat rate shipping fee, based on the destination. You will see this shipping fee at checkout after you’ve entered your contact information and the shipping address.
7. International orders (shipped outside of India) might be subject to customs duties and taxes at the time of delivery. Any shipping charge applied does not include such customs duties and taxes, which are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
ORDER PROCESSING AND SHIPPING
8. All orders are shipped out of our atelier in India.
9. Processing and shipping times will vary from one artwork to the next but you will find the estimated timeline for delivery mentioned under the shipping and returns tab on every product page. If you place an order for multiple products, we usually ship them together, and you will see the estimated delivery range at checkout. Once you place an order, you will receive a shipping confirmation email with tracking information as soon as your order is on its way.
10. Orders will be delivered between 8 am – 6 pm Monday to Saturday. Please ensure that someone is available at your delivery address as a signature will be requested upon delivery. If an authorized person is not able to sign for your delivery, the delivery agent will leave a card and the delivery will be returned to the nearest collection center for you to collect.
11. Please note that once your order is on its way, we are unable to change or update the shipping address.
12. Whilst we strive to ensure the timely delivery of all orders, please bear in mind that we are only provided with an estimated delivery date from our carriers. Life can sometimes prove unpredictable and certain scenarios are beyond our control, so on the odd occasion an order may arrive outside of the estimated time frame - in these exceptional circumstances, we appreciate your patience and understanding.
TRACKING YOUR ORDER
13. You can track your order via our shipping confirmation email. If you don’t happen to receive your tracking details, please contact us at email@example.com with your order details and we’d be more than happy to assist.
DUTIES AND TAXES
14. International orders (shipped outside of India) might be subject to customs duties and taxes at the time of delivery. Any shipping charge applied does not include such customs duties and taxes, which are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Estimated duties and taxes, if applicable, are displayed in a pop up in the bottom right corner of this product page, for your information. However, this is only an estimation. Actual duties and taxes, as applied by the customs department at the point of entry into your country, might differ.
15. All orders made through the Underlyn website are packaged with thought, care, and a little bit of magic - see our packaging details on every product page.
16. To experience the majesty of the natural world is a privilege Underlyn does not take for granted. Even the smallest sustainable gestures can shape our future - that’s why all Underlyn packaging is made of either recycled and/or biodegradable materials and is 100% recyclable. Moreover, we put a lot of effort into making our packaging not just durable but also gorgeous so as to encourage you to reuse it.
17. All orders marked for gifting (just check the “Is this a gift?” box at checkout) are sent without price tags on the products. Additionally, if you’d like to add a personalized touch to your gift, you can choose to add a gift note at checkout.
18. UNDERLYN is unable to deliver internationally to PO boxes or postal forwarding companies.
19. If you decide to refuse any shipments from UNDERLYN, you are responsible for the original product cost, shipping charges, any duties, taxes, and/or customs charges that are incurred on the package, and the cost of returning the package to us. Underlyn will not accept refund requests in such cases.
20. Any claim for incorrect supply or damage to the items ordered must be notified to UNDERLYN at firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of receiving your order. Please be mindful that claims made after this period cannot be accepted or acted upon.
21. If you have any further questions or special requests, please contact us at email@example.com.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
22. As most of our products are made-to-order, all orders are considered to be FINAL SALE. We do not offer returns or exchanges on products that are delivered in perfect condition as per the order placed.
23. We stand behind the quality of our products and take great care in packaging them securely. However, in an unlikely event, if you happen to receive an incorrect or defective product, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of receiving your order. Please share photos of the issue AND the packaging so we can find the best solution for you.
24. Return will be processed only if:
(a) Underlyn was informed about the receipt of an incorrect / defective product by the customer within 48 hours of delivery of the same
(b) it is determined by us that the product was not damaged while in your possession;
(c) it is determined by us that the product was not used in any manner while in your possession;
(d) the shipped product was different from what was ordered by you;
(e) the product is returned in original condition (in the original box, all tags intact, and all the accessories and hardware therein).
25. All returns must be approved by Underlyn prior to shipping the product back to us. Shipping of approved returns must be done only through one of our approved carriers. Underlyn will send you a return label once we approve your return. Approved returns can only be shipped using the return label provided by Underlyn, using an Underlyn approved shipping carrier.
26. Underlyn reserves the right to deny unauthorized returns that do not meet or follow our return policy and procedures.
27. Approved returns must be packed in the product’s original packaging box and secured properly to ensure safe transit back to our production center.
28. Return parcels remain the responsibility of the customer until received by Underlyn.
29. Underlyn’s products are handcrafted one at a time by skilled artisans with limited use of machinery for some parts of the process. It is therefore extremely rare to create identical items. The frames are creations of artisans and are based on craft styles. There may be natural blemishes/variations that are not product flaws. Such variations are inherent in the manufacturing of handmade products. Therefore, minor distinctions that make your buys special and truly one-of-a-kind.
30. The hardware we provide with our framed pieces such as hooks, nails etc. are provided by external vendors. The hardware is complementary and its use is at your discretion. We do not guarantee or warranty such hardware and shall not be responsible if there is any damage or loss caused to you or the product due to use of such hardware.
31.Due to the nature of the products available on the Website, we try to ensure that the products displayed at the time of placing an order are as close to the end product received by you. However, there may be variations in the product’s images against the product(s) which you may receive due to variations in electronic screens settings (computer/laptop/tablet/Smartphones). The details of the products or product specifications (weight, color, handwork details, size, etc.) as mentioned on the Website, are only approximate values. The hue and colors of the product, in print and physical form may also vary from a displayed picture of the product on your screen.
32. We allow order cancellations only up to 1 hour from the time of order placement. To cancel an order, contact us at email@example.com with your order number. We are unable to process cancellations for items that have already gone into production.
We are a small business that makes many of our products to order. We typically don’t make a product until someone orders it. So when you place an order, our in-house artisans get to work, crafting it specifically for you. We chose not to accept returns because each and every Underlyn product is handcrafted with love and a lot of care and attention goes into crafting, packing and shipping every piece. We check every inch of every artwork before it is shipped out to ensure that it is of the highest quality humanly possible. Moreover, our time is limited and we handle nearly all aspects of our business ourselves. To keep up with orders and to still set aside enough time needed to maintain our business, work on new collections and directions for our brand this is the only feasible choice. But art should make you feel fulfilled, not frustrated. So, if you face any issues with your order please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to find a solution that works for you.